Sunday, May 31, 2009

Do You Take Your Health Seriously?

I work around a lot of young people, around 23 to 30 years of age, and I've noticed how health concerns aren't taken as seriously for several of the younger people I work with. I also know that I didn't take my health very seriously when I was that age either.

Now I find myself looking more into my own health risk and family health history. I think this is mainly because now I have children and I want to know about what to look for as I age and how to talk to my kids when they turn into young adults about what they need to think about in terms of preventive health. In addition, what they need to screen for to ensure good health. Health screening isn't a new concept but for me it has been.

I think through watching family members and watching people not take their health seriously I think more about taking my own health seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment